Friday 21 March 2014

Red Army Assault Engineers

© Copyright Golf Alpha Zulu 2014. All rights reservedIts been a very long time since I added any models to my Soviet force. This is despite having a comprehensive collection of late war Red Army figures in the lead pile. Every time I made a decision as to what to paint next, the Soviets got pushed down the list.

Two things combined to get these lads on to the painting table. First, another whole army of Soviets - an early war force thanks to the Baker Company Winter War Kickstarter - are due to arrive soon, and I felt I needed to make a start on what I already had. Second, earlier in the year I had rashly entered a painting challenge over on The Guild board - and when the first theme for the year was announced as  "Armour", these figures got the nod.

The figures are from Warlord games, and were the usual Warlord quality: characterful sculpts with a few small casting flaws here and there, but overall a pleasure to paint.

Its got me thinking as to whats next for my Soviet force. This unit need some transport, and it wont do to give them a softskin... White Scout car or two? M5 halftracks? Whatever it is it will be bristling with .30 and .50 Brownings...

© Copyright Golf Alpha Zulu 2014. All rights reserved

© Copyright Golf Alpha Zulu 2014. All rights reserved

© Copyright Golf Alpha Zulu 2014. All rights reserved

© Copyright Golf Alpha Zulu 2014. All rights reserved

© Copyright Golf Alpha Zulu 2014. All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment