Tuesday 10 June 2014

Wrecked Sd.Kfz 251

© Golf Alpha Zulu 2014. All rights reserved.
This is my first attempt at modelling a knocked out vehicle, so please be gentle with the criticism! And no, it isnt kit-bashed from an intact vehicle, its the resin "Wrecked Hanomag" kit from Warlord built straight out of the box.

I used a combination of airbrushed rust base colours around the damaged areas, and then a series of pigments over that to deepen the effect. It wasnt a project where I ever felt fully in control of the final result... I just had to keep experimenting until I got to a point where I felt it "good enough".

© Golf Alpha Zulu 2014. All rights reserved.

© Golf Alpha Zulu 2014. All rights reserved.

© Golf Alpha Zulu 2014. All rights reserved.

2 comments:

  1. Damm! I think you did everything just right! I have mine primered? Care to swap? Hahahahah....serious that is how good of a job I think you did on this....I would not complain about seeing this bad boy on the table!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback. Appreciated. Its a bit of a schlepp to paint, I must warn you - all the detailed debris in the cabin takes an inordinate amount of time to resolve...

      Delete